Senior’s Choice Care Management is hiring !!
Geriatric Care Manager (Monroe County, New York) – Provides Care Management to individuals and families to provide assessment, coordination of services, resources and on-going monitoring and management. In this role the Geriatric Care Manager should also have sales and marketing experience to promote growth and help penetrate the market for our services
- 24-32 hours/week
- Conducts Geriatric Assessments to determine clients needs and establish an appropriate care plan.
- In-depth assessment of clients physical, mental, bio-psychosocial status and needs.
- Assess Clients environment, financial assessment, social assessment.
- Identifies options to maintain independence, which includes health services, nutrition consultation, physical or occupational therapy.
- Collaborates with hospital admission and discharge planners; comprehensive knowledge of community resources.
- Ensures medical follow up and MD appointments.
- Coordinates all service needs, including, but not limited to: home physicians and other medical providers; attorneys and financial planners; senior communities and home care services.
- Makes regular home visits to monitor client status.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel throughout Monroe County and surrounding counties.
- Provides emotional support to the client and their family as needed to deal with the stress of caregiving.
- Educates and Advocates for the client in all venues.
- Assists with placement and alternate living options.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of client and acts as a liaison for local and distant family.
- Understanding and ability to deliver highest degree of customer focused services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate will demonstrate independence, flexibility, responsiveness and good organizational skills
- In this role the Geriatric Care Manager will help “drive business” and work with referral sources.
- Develops strong relationships with Community and professional organizations that will generate client referrals.
- Geriatric Care Managers will be licensed Registered Nurses, Licensed Clinical (LCSW) or Licensed Master Level Social Worker (LMSW)
- 1+ years working with the Geriatric population is required.
- 1+ years in care management.
- 1+ years of sales or marketing experience, or be willing to learn through coaching and training, how to create leads and market the program to promote growth.