Geriatric Care Management
Geriatric care management (also known as elder care management, senior health care management or professional care management) is planning and coordinating care for the elderly and people with physical and/or mental impairments. It’s helping the person meet their long-term care needs, improve their quality of life, and maintain their independence as long as possible.
How you can benefit from Senior’s Choice Care Management services:
- If your loved one has Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, you’ll get recommendations for care, answers to your questions about dementia and what to expect, and help planning for long-term care.
- If you’re worried that your loved one isn’t taking their medications, we assist with reminders, refills, and consultations with the person’s doctors.
- Concerned about where to find the right aging resources? We’ll do a thorough assessment of what your loved one needs. You don’t have to do the screening, arranging and monitoring of in-home services; we’ll make sure your loved one has the right care from the right providers and monitor the situation.
- Are there legal or financial issues you have questions about? Are you wondering how to apply for state and federal programs such as Medicaid? We’ll guide you to experts who can assist, such as elder law attorneys or financial planners.
- When a relocation is necessary, we’ll assist with moving your loved one to or from a retirement complex, assisted living facility, rehabilitation facility or nursing home.
- If you live far from your loved one, you can rely on Senior’s Choice Care Management to be your eyes and ears and make sure your loved one is getting the right care – and alert you to any problems.