Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
If your loved one has Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, you may have questions about what to expect.
The Alzheimer’s Association provides 10 Early Signs and Symptoms on their web site:
- Memory Loss that Disrupts Daily Life
- Challenges in Planning or Solving Problems
- Difficulty Completing Familiar Tasks at Home, at Work, or at Leisure
- Confusion with Time or Place
- Trouble Understanding Visual Images and Spatial Relationships
- New Problems with Words in Speaking or Writing
- Misplacing Things and Losing the Ability to Retrace Steps
- Decreased or Poor Judgment
- Withdrawal From Work or Social Activities
- Changes in Mood and Personality
If you are noticing these changes in your parent, grandparent, or other family member, please reach out to our experts to ask questions and receive guidance. There are techniques and options for families to work through this diagnosis, in a way that brings peace to the family and supports you as a caregiver. You are not alone!